Congratulations, you’re engaged! So he finally put a ring on it, now what? To eliminate pre-wedding stress, it’s best to get started as soon as possible! With all the things to do before a wedding, you want as much time as possible to get everything done. The last thing any bride wants is to cut something out of their dream wedding because they weren’t prepared or didn’t allow enough time in the planning process. To prevent that, getting started as soon as possible is the best way to go. Here are a few things that you should do soon as you get engaged!
1. Notify your close family and BFFs. Make sure you do this before updating your Facebook status. Your Mother and Grandmother wouldn’t be too happy if they were last.
2. Get a manicure! You want your nails to be as fabulous as your ring when showing it off.
3. Get your ring insured. After all his hard work and planning, you’d be pretty upset if your ring fell down the drain or got lost at the gym.
4. Start dreaming! Brainstorm with your guy about the big day. Compare fantasies (Dessert bar, Cigar lounge, Philly Phanatic appearance) and sign up for a Pinterest account to create an online inspiration board. Go crazy—you can refine things after you’ve picked your venue.
5. Set your budget. Get friendly with Excel to create a budget and narrow down your guest list. This will help when picking your vendors.
6. Choose a wedding planner! A wedding planner is no longer a luxury, it is a necessity! Between your busy schedules, business meetings and life in general, things can get pretty hectic. Take some stress off of yourself and allow us to help!
7. Create your guest list. Get together with both sets of parents to create the ultimate guest list. This will help when creating your budget and venue selection.
8. Set a date! A wedding date is usually set by work schedules, school, or seasonal preferences. No one wants to be a sweaty bride! Also, take into consideration where you want to honeymoon. Don’t get caught in the islands during hurricane season!
9. Find your venue. The venue will really help set the tone of your wedding. Looking for rusting? Maybe an old farm house with a gorgeous view is for you. Want something intimate and tropical? Destination wedding it is!
10. Enjoy your engagement! Take photos, spend quality time with your fiance and enjoy this time!
Now, Get Started!
Ang and Steph