Fall, my favorite time of the year for many reasons – Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks, change of weather, the FASHION and my birthday.
Of course the change in decor in your house or event theme.
I love to entertain for close friends and family and changing my tablescape is one of my favorite things.
1. Remove anything that was relevant from the spring/summer from your focal entertaining area.
2. Try a burlap table runner instead of a tablecloth on your dinning room table. That brings an outside element in your house.
3. Crystal candle sticks! I obsesses over them, change the color that will match the decor in your room. Who doesn’t love a dim room.
4. Scents bring back a certain memory, I love ANYTHING pumpkin and spice. My favorite is Slatkin and Co. and Henri Bendel Candles – Pumpkin and Firewood.
5. Have the right food and wine at your get together. Comfort foods are perfect right now especially mac and cheese, pumpkin biques and baked apple crisp. Don’t forget the wine, and in moderation!